visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 195: My Long, Luscious Hair


Like most women, my hair is my biggest accessory! I mean let's face it, when your hair looks great, you feel great! And when it's a bad hair day, well let's just say it could be a bad day! You know what I'm talking about don't you gals!

And if you think I'm making this up, check out the billions spent on hair products and accessories every year by consumers. It's a booming business my friends. For most of us, regular maintenance of our mane includes a cut & color. But nowadays the stakes have been raised and there's so much more offered to "spoof" up the doo.

Everyone from celebrities to "housewives" are adding locks with extensions of every variety. It no longer is just for movie stars, the average gal can have the hair she's always desired!

I've worn hair extensions for years and the products keep improving. You have your weaves but now your wefts as well. There are sewn in weaves and clip ons. And your color options have increased as well. There's not just highlights anymore, but now lowlights to add dimension and character to your style, which I now have.

There's lots of discussion about whether women of a certain age should continue wearing their hair long, or cut it off. Are you kidding me! If women have beautiful and healthy locks, keep them any length that you are comfortable with is what I say! When I was young in my 20s and on television I had short hair. It was a great look for me. My hair was easy to manage and always looked professional, but fun and youthful too. Now in my 40s my hair is the longest it's ever been, of course with assistance (those extensions!).

I was never one of those girls with the long flowing thick hair and I always wanted that kind of hair. Now I get to have that hair and I'm lovin' it. Ladies, whatever makes you feel strong, powerful, sexy, and a champion is the look you should go for and if that means enhancing your hair, go for it!

Here are my recommended hair ladies. For the BEST cuts, color and blow-drys check out my ladies at Salon Dione, owners Rebecca & Eka will hook you up! http://www.salondione.com/

For extensions I've got two superstar ladies for you. Karisma has been weaving my locks for the past year and she makes house calls http://www.karismacompany.com/

And my sister Michele turned me on to another hot hair spot. Hair in Vogue in Brentwood. Owner Linda will analyze your hair and consult with you on her recommendations. She too provides gorgeous hair for purchase and performs outstanding weaves. http://www.hairinvogue.com/

Whatever your desired style, know that the options are limitless these days. I remember when the only hair accessory you could find was a wig, but nowadays we have many more choices. So if you are feeling like you need a "pick me up" with your style, color or length, I say go bold and go big girls!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn