visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 63: Pink Power

Do you have a signature color? You know the color your friends see and it always reminds them of you? Or the color you always gravitate to when there are multiple colors of an item offered! Or the color that just makes you happy to wear!

While I'm very much a color person, if I had to name just one color these days that is truly my signature, it would have to be PINK. For those of you who know me well, I know you're not surprised to hear this!

I know Pink has become famously popular. I mean why else would they make pink phones? And pink computers and shoes and just about everything else comes in the color pink these days. There's the pink ribbon signifying Breast Cancer Awareness. There's pink power tools and I even have a pink tool belt, given to me by my gal pals when I travelled to Biloxi, Mississippi to help rebuild after Hurricane Katrina. There's pink Dodger wear... now they didn't use to have Dodger hats in pink years ago! Heck there's even a magazine titled PINK, and I love it! It's a career minded pink woman's read! Companies have wised up to us women and they know we want products in colors that represent us. Never used to be like that, so there must be a demand for the color. So I am not alone in my obsession of the color. (Even Campbell's signature Tomato soup has gone Pink!)

What do colors say about us? Our style? Our personalities? Well, I think colors say a lot! Colors can say I am in a good mood today, or I'm not feelin' it so much right now. And it's not as easy as wearing black when you are blue because black also says I am chic and hip and sophisticated or I just couldn't decide what to wear so I went with basic black! But bright colors mean you are not afraid to be seen and you certainly are not hiding! That says a lot about the kind of person we are ... not afraid to meet others...to be seen or noticed, it says I am confidant enough to wear these silly bright colors!


And as my little pillow on my bed reads:



Pink is not a color, it's an Attitude! Now that's what I'm talking about!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn