visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 275: Driver's Ed Times Two


Well, it's hard for me to believe, but my twin sons Harrison & Spencer will be 15 and a half years old this week. You say what, how the heck did that happen? Not only does this mean that they are getting older, but it means that in six months they'll get their driver's license. So the process has begun.

I remember the process with Brandon and while it was exciting, it was also very nerve wrecking. I mean as much as parents may relish not having to drive their young ones here, there and everywhere, along with that convenience comes the fear of letting go. I'd much rather continue driving them, keeping them sheltered a bit longer, safer a while longer. Once they begin to drive, you as a parent, have lost some control. Very scary.

So the first step has been completed. The on-line driver's education course. They both completed the course work and took the on-line test, and passed. Next up is heading to the DMV later this week for the written driving test. If they pass this exam then we will leave the DMV with permits in hand.... which means they are licensed to get behind-the-wheel and drive with an adult in the car. Oh my goodness.


With one child at a time it seems manageable, and I have already done that successfully. But the idea of having to teach two teenage boys at the same time seems a bit overwhelming. I'll keep you posted as to how their process pans out this week. Just another stage in raising children.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn