visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 243: Celebrating Our Victories

Tonight I attended the Annual NWPC Holiday Party! As I have written about many times before on my Blog, the National Women's Political Caucus is an organization near and dear to my heart & my politics. I have served on the Board for a dozen years and continue to participate. Tonight was our signature Holiday event where members have an opportunity to mingle with other like-minded, politically savvy people as well as elected officials.

I was happy to have big sis Michele, niece Zoe and little bro Josh Ritter join me at tonight's festivities. This year was a very successful one for NWPCs endorsed candidates. We sent many women to the State Assembly including my very own State assembly woman Holly J. Mitchell. It feels good to continue working toward our goal of 50/50 by 2020, (50% representation by women in all branchs of government) however, there is still much work to be accomplished.

That's why I continue to recruit, encourage and support women to consider running and serving in public office. This week I was proud to help announce the candidacy of dear gal pal Marisa Perez, who is running for City Council in the city of Lakewood. The Election is in March and this is her first political run. I will be profiling Marisa on my Blog over the months leading up to Election Day and I hope you will consider supporting her. To learn more about Marisa, please visit her website at http://www.MarisaForLakewoodCouncil.com/

And to learn more about the wonderful work performed by NWPC LA Westside, please visit our site at www.LAWestsideNWPC.org

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn