visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 238: Another 10K Completed

This morning I ran in the Santa Monica-Venice Christmas Run. It's a race that's been around for 33 years! It brings out people of all levels of fitness along with dogs, babies in strollers, Santa Claus costumes, elves, Mrs. Claus, all very festive & fun.

Pictured here are me, Melody, and a fabulous woman Nina who I met on my run. She liked my pace and ran the entire race with me.... which was great because she kept me motivated!


My friend and athletic trainer Melody Roset ran the short race too, but she is so much faster then I am so we didn't run together. A 10k is 6.2 miles. Not really a lot when you are training for a marathon which is 26.2 miles, but just the same it is still tough to get your butt up at 5 a.m. and be at the start line at 7:30 and run for more than an hour! I mean did you do that today!?

I'm proud to report that I shaved 10 minutes off my race time since the last 10k I ran in Brentwood in the Spring with hubby Brian. Ten minutes is a really great improvement so I'm proud about that!

Of course though I'm sore. Still can't beat the extreme pain in my buttocks and lower back. Since it was just 6 miles my feet did just great so that was good.... but as I write this post I am in a lot of pain! I just hope my body holds up till March when I'll run the Los Angeles Marathon. Some days I think how the hell am I going to run so many miles. And then I remember there was a time I couldn't even run one mile, and now I've completed one 5k race, two 10k races, and a half marathon (13.1). So I'm on track... now it's Martini time!

Run Robyn Run!

PS If you want to get fit and learn to run races, contact Melody at Mako Training www.MakoTraining.com

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn