visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 175: The Social Network

The hubby Brian and I went to see The Social Network movie tonight... you know the one about the creator(s) of Facebook. LOVED it! I've been fascinated by this story and the creator. He created Facebook at age 19, while attending Harvard. The same age my son is now. It's mind boggling to think of that.

It's also crazy to wrap your arms around Mark Zuckerberg being the YOUNGEST BILLIONAIRE in the world. Wow, now that's some serious bank to throw around!

Anyway, I'm not sure if he is the "original" creator or not of Facebook. Yes, the hunky handsome Harvard twin boys may have had an idea and they may have brought it to Zuckerberg, but the nerdy computer kid is the one who built and launched a social networking site. He out foxed the other Harvard boys. Not the first time business will go down this way, nor will it be the last.

What is genius is the idea that a boy, a teenager, developed a site that some are predicting will have more users than not. The site is only 7 years old and has 500 million friends.

It has changed the way we communicate forever -- for good or bad. For a candidate it was a magic tool. We used it to invite people to my campaign events, to post endorsements and other campaign related stories. How else could you communicate your message so broadly and effectively with so little resources? You can't. So for you naysayers, get on board. Facebook is great, if used for its' creator's intent.

Just like Apple, Microsoft, HP (Hewlett Packard), now Facebook will share the story of a young entrepreneur with a genius IQ who created a piece of technology that is now in our vernacular ... FaceBook me!

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn