visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

visit my website www.robynrittersimon.com

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 146: Dinner With My Niece

Every once in awhile your schedule opens up a window of opportunity. You can seize the moment or not. I of course always want to jump at the opportunity to have one-on-one time with any of my children -- my boys, my nieces, or nephews ... I consider them all my "children" ... it's a chance to connect with this special person in your life without other distractions.

Tonight I had the honor to spend time with my beautiful niece Olivia Bernstein. What a rock star this young woman is ... poised, smart, sensitive, beautiful ... I mean what else would you want to be at 17 years old? She is the entire package, that's for sure!

So her Mom, my sister Michele, is out of town, as is my hubby, her Uncle Brian... Big boy is at college and twin 15 year old sons, her cousins attended the Palisades High School Football game tonight, so I had the rare night to myself and I chose to be with my sweet niece, Miss Olivia as I call her.

We talked about her entering her senior year of school at Beverly Hills High School and how excited she is about this last year. We talked about her college applications, where she wants to attend, her first choice, her reach schools, her fall back campuses. All wonderful and exciting universities in terrific cities across the country.


Ah to be 17 again where you can have the adventure of college all over again.

What would you do if you had a chance to do it over? I recognize this is a loaded question!

So as we sat and talked about her life, her friends, her sisters, what she imagines and hopes for the next year and beyond, I was reminded of the circle of life. I can so clearly remember 17 and being in High School with her Mother, my sister, with Uncle Brian, my prom date, and how excited I was to be going away to college with best gal pal Jill who to this day is still a best gal pal.


Somethings will change along the adventure, but one thing is for sure and that's my love for Miss Olivia.

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your interest in my 49th year! I appreciate your support! -Robyn